caseyreads

Pastel 15
Toshihiko Kobayashi
The Dog Stars
Peter Heller
Lover Unbound (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 5) - J.R. Ward It took me longer than usual to finish this Brotherhood book, which I felt dragged on too long in the middle. I was unsatisfied with the ending, and I won't go into spoilers, but I thought it was too convenient and easy. I guess that's just the genre.

Vishous as a main character was rewarding, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading his interspersed backstory, and I kept wishing for more of it. I think the bisexuality could have been elaborated more because it just tapered off like he drank some "straight juice" or something. Jane was fine for a female lead. I think she did a total 180 in terms of personality in terms of the bedroom, but I suppose it wouldn't make for an interesting romance. She seemed dull to me and I don't know how to describe it.

The mystical air about the Other Side really evaporated. The Scribe Virgin has been interacting and chatting like any old person and now it makes me confused about what she really is and what her purpose is (there's something above her now???). It just made the Other Side seem like just another destination to go to, no big deal. And the birds can just be replaced? That's not a sacrifice!

I additionally didn't mind Phury's interspersed scenes, but John Matthew's went back and forth from annoying to interesting. I just don't think JM's story really molded with V's main plot.